22nd Annual General Meeting Highlights
The Centre for the Arts in Inverness was a magnificant gathering place for us to celebrate our 22nd Annual General Meeting. A group of approximately 65 people came together to enjoy fabulous local entertainment in English, French and Gaelic after enjoying a fabulous meal.
JoAnna was able to share some highlights of the work throughout the year which included:
- 96 volunteers contributing 944 hours (or a total of 27 weeks) worth of time to enhance our programs and services
- 1,401 home visits were offered across Cape Breton Island
- 83 prenatal home visits occurred
- 182 group programs were offered which included 2,318 separate sessions
- 83 program sessions were focused on fathering
- 24 communities were offered weekly Play Group programs
- 13 Grade Primary to Grade Two classrooms benefited from the Roots of Empathy program
- 169 prenatal group sessions took place
- $630,568 was provided to families involved with the CUPW and UPCE Special Needs and Moving On programs
To promote healthy eating and active living there were outdoor programs provided in all four seasons. These Discover Cape Breton adventures have been offered in partnership with the Fortress of Louisbourg and Fortress Louisbourg Association. Other Cape Breton Field Unit sites such as the Alexander Graham Bell Museum and the Cape Breton Highlands National Park (Cheticamp and Ingonish sites) have also been major partners in this work.
JoAnna emphasized how this work does not take place in isolation and that it is only through the gifts and talents of Family Place's many partners that the organization (with these partners) is able to reach out to so many families.
For a copy of the Annual Report, please feel free to call (902) 562-5616.